Wednesday, 29 January 2014

Vintage school girl // SammyDress Review







The lovely people at SammyDress sent over this chiffon shirt that has such beautiful black lace details, I was excited to put together an outfit with it. I played up on its vintage flair by tucking the shirt into a black midi skirt for that classic 50s silhouette. The fullness of the midi skirt was just appropriate to balance out the prim and proper collared shirt and definitely adds some swinging fun to my look! The white part of the shirt reminded me of my school uniform which gave me the inspiration for this classic vintage inspired school girl look.




Chiffon shirt c/o SammyDress
Black midi skirt: Ash Lapin
Patented oxford shoes: ASOS
River Island box clutch: ASOS
Photos by Kanisalad



As for my shopping experience at SammyDress, first up, I'm amazed by the great number of stuffs they carry. Just the women's clothes section, there is a whooping 18000 plus items! All neatly categorised so that we can find what we need. The next thing that hit me, the stuffs are incredibly cheap. Just take this shirt I'm wearing, it's less than ten bucks. Of course, for such a low price, we cannot expect too much of the quality of the clothes - the button holes aren't cut, the fabric is rather thin, the colour isn't the same as what is shown in their photos. Their photos are probably taken under warm lights and thus it appears beige but the shirt is actually true white. The size of the shirt also runs small, so if you are top heavy, go for a size bigger than usual. My shirt arrived in two weeks, which was a reasonable shipping time. All in all, I think SammyDress is a good site if you are looking for a variety of affordable clothes and don't mind the average quality.

Ft

15 comments :

  1. that shirt is so gorgeous on you! i love black & white. always classy. always chic. the lace trim is gorgeous. fabulous styling of it.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dear, how have you been, you look so beautifully elegant, love this ladylike monochrome outfit. Stunning bag

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great blog you have here! I really love your combination of a black midi skirt with the white blouse with black lace details, so chic!

    SUMMERBERRIES

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing outfit! This shirt is pretty! =)
    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    http://whattostyle.blogspot.com/

    xoxo,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really appreciate your feedback on my last post...Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in love with you shirt, omg! Gorgeous.
    www.kierramakayla.blogspot.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so great in this outfit! the blouse is very pretty & I especially like how it looks together with the midi skirt- such a chic and sophisticated look! :)
    You definitely have a great eye for style!

    www.callmemaddie.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely outfit. I really like the shirt.

    http://thevulgariangirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. That blouse is absolutely beautiful. I love the delicate and feminine touch of the black lace and the way you styled is perfectly chic.
    Happy Lunar New Year ladies! Hope you both had fun and delicious celebrations!

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love that blouse! What a great piece!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like that chiffon shirt-- and the whole look is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I once ordered a dress from them. The customer service is not very active. ABBYDRESS, EBAY, AMAZON, JENJENHOUSE are better.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment. They made our day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...