For my romance-inspired DIY this month, I just wanted to make something sweet with two of my favorite and also possibly two of the most romantic materials - tulle and lace. Here's what I made, a lace hairband with a tulle felt flower!
What you will need: Some felt and tulle, 12cm of elastic band, 44cm of lace, 1 small button
Not in photo: Fabric glue, basic sewing equipment and a safety pin
3. Place the smaller tulle on top of the bigger one. Sew (by hand) a circle using running stitch in the centre, leaving the ends of the thread free.
4. Pull the two ends of the thread to create the gathers. Tie the two ends with a dead knot and snip off the excess thread.
5. Cut a felt circle of diameter 3cm. Sew (with a sewing machine) the felt circle onto the centre of the tulle gathers. This is the base to attach the tulle felt flower on.
6. Cut 3 felt pentagons of sides 2.8cm, 2.5cm and 2.2cm respectively.
7. Cut 1 felt circle of different colour as the pentagons. This felt circle should be slightly bigger than the button.
And lastly, we have an announcement to make! FtAshion finally has her own facebook page (the link is on our sidebar)! If you like what we are doing, like our FB page too? LOL!