Wednesday, 21 December 2011

A tulle Christmas!

Ooo, check out this great gift wrapping idea of using burlap in the Ruche Homemade Holiday Guide! I would be elated to receive such beautifully wrapped presents. Would you even bear to tear off the wrapping?
Photo from Ruche's blog

I'm inspired by this burlap gift wrapping idea and so I want to have a theme for wrapping my Christmas presents too. Instead of using burlap, I played with another and one of my favourite material - Tulle!
Here are some ideas how we can use tulle for gift wrapping:

Make a cute little tulle pom pom and use it as a gift topper. I decorated my pom pom with stick on crystals. The tricky part is to attach the pom pom to the box. I find it easier to sew the pom pom to a ribbon and go round the box with the ribbon. Here's a great tutorial to on how to make tulle pom pom.
You can also make a sweet tulle bow as the centre piece. I layered the tulle bow with organza and added a crystal embellishment. Place rectangular pieces of tulle and organza, scrunch and tie it in the centre. This will be great on a little girl's present and she can use this bow as a hair piece after Christmas!
Or simply wrap the present in tulle. For a fuller fluff at the top, use two pieces of circular tulle.
With a long piece of tulle, you can also go round the box with the tulle and tie it into a bow. Add a crystal embellishment to cover the knot.

Are you doing anything special for Christmas this year? Do share with us in the comments!

Hohoho,
Ft

14 comments :

  1. Such lovely ways to wrap presents! I love using newspaper and then adding loads of colourful ribbons!
    www.styleisalwaysfashionable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh I love the pom pom idea! too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh, I love the different wrapping ideas! <3 The tulle bow is my absolute favourite!

    x
    Lost in the Haze: Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tulle is also one of my favourite fabrics. I must incorporate this idea into my next gift-wrapped project

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, I love the tulle idea! I'm going to have to do this next year!

    For this year, everyone in my family is getting a gift bag of presents, and each bag has a drawing of a character of The NIghtmare Before Christmas on it, in some type of Christmas fashion. It looks cool! I'm garnishing the bags with red and black tissue paper.

    Cool post :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these tulle wrapping ideas!

    GTBB,
    http://badjoan.blogspot.com
    http://cookingjoan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great wrapping ideas - the tulle is such a cute touch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These presents are so beautifully wrapped that I don't think I could open them either! Thank you ladies for inviting me to guest post and also for the beautiful pearl bracelet! I appreciate you thinking of me and happy holidays :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. great wrapping ideas, everything looks so pretty!
    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got the beautiful earrings from ur giveaway and thought u put in so much effort with the wrapping and card, i was so excited! thank you so much, I have written another post about ur present and the beautiful card and wrapping on my blog. www.caityheartsfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely wrapping paper!

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Every year a different trend in Christmas Gifts comes around – a different toy, a different fad, a different gadget. Funny Christmas gifts

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment. They made our day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...